Monday, December 6, 2010

May's Nails: OPI Russian Navy Matte

Written by May; Edited by Sharon

OPI Russian Navy Matte Suede is one of the first nail polish I purchased from OPI. Because I love the colour so much, I was even willing to fork out RM59 per bottle for this polish. Amazing huh? 
Anyway, I slapped on this polish in a rush because I had to attend my Company's Annual Dinner last week. I lost track of time while doing my make up so I didn't have time to do a proper manicure. So the only option I had was to use a polish that dries really really fast. Plus, the colour of this polish matches my jacket. 
Matte polish can be quite tricky to work with if you can't paint your nails fast enough. Coz they tend to dry before you even finish putting on the first coat. However, I am glad to say that OPI Matte Suede polish is quite easy to manage. Just don't sit under a moving fan while you're painting your nails. The instructions that was on the label indicated not to use any base coat. Some nail polish blogs recommends the using of base coat. So which is which? 
Personally, skipping the base coat is my preference. Somehow it is easier for my to apply and I don't get cuticle drags.   Don't expect matte polish to last long though. The max I went wearing a matte polish without any chipping was 2 days. 

3 coats of OPI Russian Navy Matte Suede
No base coat 
No top coat



No comments:

Post a Comment