Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Blush & Bronzer: NYX Blush & Bronzer

I'm a sucker for bronzers and I thought, with the discounts NYX is offering, why not get this and try it out?



And the shade I picked up is BBC01 - Sunrise in Bali. I don't know why I keep getting bronzers that comes with a blush but I hope that I will start buying just bronzers in the future.

The packaging is really nice and sturdy plastic. The surface is smooth and easy to hold. It comes with a sponge, which I threw away because I just don't like using sponges. I prefer to use a brush.



This is how the colour looks in the pan under sunlight. Thankfully there's sunlight today and I get to take a good picture. Notice how the bronzer is so tanned but once you put it on your face - it's not even that dark. The blusher is close to Nars Orgasm/Milani Luminous/NYX Pinched. It's my favourite shade of blusher but sometimes I tend to want to try other colours as well.


This is taken under cool flourescent light. I taped off the blush part because it's too pigmented. And the purpose of getting this product is so I could use the bronzer but also have a slight pink tone to the whole of my face. I got the plastic from the NYX Powder Foundation, cut it into half and taped it with a scotch tape. I feel that it's a brilliant idea as it will stop my brush from picking up the blush pigments.



These 2 swatches are taken under sunlight, but it's on a heavy hand. Notice how shimmer the blush looks? So much more shimmery than Nars Orgasm/Milani Luminous/NYX Pinched.


This swatch is taken under cool flourescent lights.

Overall: I love this product, however, I will not be repurchasing as I think there are much better products than this. I do currently use another blush & bronzer from Milani - which was already discontinued. I prefer the one from Milani though!

2 comments:

  1. The blush would work really well as a lipstick on the fly with a tiny bit of foundation or clear lip moisturizer..It looks to be a gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Violetta - Thanks for the suggestion! Would be trying that out tonight to see how it looks like as a lipstick. :D

    ReplyDelete