Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Powder Foundation: NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Foundation

So I bought this, out of curiosity, as review has it that it lets your foundation stay matte for longer! I chose Creamy Natural as the shade on NYX's website looks quite similar to my skintone.

However, upon receiving, I was shocked because it's more to like a fair colour!






The packaging looks really cute. It's sturdy and easy to hold.


That's the back of the packaging. The hole is supposed to be airy for the sponge which is located below the powder.


That's how fair the powder is. This is the first level of the packaging.


Once you lift up the powder plate, there's your sponge applicator. I don't use sponges to apply as I prefer to use the stippling method when applying powder foundation/bronzer.


That's the swatch.

Overall: Upon application to my face, the colour isn't at all that fair. It blends well with my skintone albeit myself being a medium. My skin usually gets oily after about 4 hours after makeup is applied but with this powder, I don't get oily until 4pm which is really good as I apply my makeup at about 7.30am. The best thing is, even when it gets oily by then, it's not as oily as I usually get with other powders! Bravo NYX! I'm definately repurchasing once this runs out.

1 comment:

  1. Oh it's so nice to see some real pictures of this product. It's really hard to figure out the best shade for you by looking at those weird pics in the NYX website lol
    Would you say Creamy Natural has yellow or pink undertones? I'm trying to find the best fit for me, I'm an NC20.
    Thanks for the review and the help =)

    ReplyDelete